The griddle is a cooking device that consists of a flat surface. The flat surface is heated with the help of coal, electricity, wood, or gas. The flat griddles are the most famous as they are easy to clean. A griddle can is made up of aluminum, chrome steel, or carbon steel. The commercial griddles are made from stainless steel, A36 steel, and aluminum. Having a griddle at home can help you with a lot of things such as
- It can be used for drying out pancakes, bread, and buns.
- It is used to melt the fats present in bacon and sausages.
- It is helpful to develop a crisp crust at the bottom of various food items.
- Tenderizing of meats such as steaks becomes very easy with a griddle. Now let us look at some factors that you need to consider before buying a griddle for your kitchen.
- You need to be clear whether you want a grill. This decision will significantly affect the choice of size for the griddle.
- You should look for a griddle easy to clean. Some of the best Griddler have drainage pipes for easy disposal of waste.
- The griddle plates should not have gaps in between or else the grease will seep into the body.
- The griddle plates can be made from machined steel, ribbed, half ribbed, and chrome. Out of these, the chrome griddles radiate less heat. This makes it energy efficient.
- One of the most important decisions to make while buying a griddle is to whether to have a gas or electric griddle. A gas griddle is more responsive to temperature control. But the only disadvantage is that you need to call an engineer to install it properly. This is not the case with an electric griddle.
Try to look for these features and you will end up with one of the best Griddler that can be utilized in various ways.